Monday, June 6, 2011

Surviving the Real World: With Organization

God is a god of order and not of chaos. He is a god of beauty and not of destruction, a god of peace, and not of confusion. As I head off to college in the fall I hope that my living quarters would reflect the ordered and peaceful nature of God. I am already an organized person in general, but often we fail to keep good habits when we strike out on our own.

Therefore, I am making simple organizational goals for school. I'll have a pre-planned laundry schedule so that I won't be tempted to procrastinate and let my laundry pile up. I will also make a point to make my bed each morning, and tidy up my room each evening. I am still thinking through other things that I can do to make my room (my half of the room, rather) my own, so that I can study efficiently and peacefully. Small commitments made ahead of time can make a significant difference in your stress level as you adjust to living away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment