Friday, October 15, 2010

A True Mark of Christ's Love

"Can I pray for you?" These words always lift my spirit, and I am quick to answer in the affirmative when a brother or sister in Christ asks if they may lift me up before the Father. But how often do I ask the same of my brothers and sisters? I may be praying for them often, but do I ever ask if I may pray for them in person as we are in fellowship at that moment? Prayer, fervent, constant, heartfelt prayer, among believers is one of the truest marks of Christ's love to our brothers and sisters. More than encouragement, more than advice, more than financial assistance, personal prayer lifts them up, strengthens them to 'soar on wings as eagles.' I am challenged to pray for one of my brothers or sisters this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment