Wednesday, May 12, 2010

To Whom (or What) Shall I Look?

For so long I have struggled to trust the Lord with my future. I would so like to know what will happen to me; where I will go and what I will do. Therefore, I undertake to plan my own future instead of leaving it secure in the hands of the One who made me. How precarious my future is, hanging in the balance as I attempt to place the fragmented pieces where I think they belong. All the while my Maker, and Saviour stands beside me with the answer to the puzzle; the blueprint, the instructions that tell where each fragmented piece fits perfectly. He desires to guide my hands, as he sees that I have misplaced countless fragments of my future, but He will not, indeed cannot, intervene unless I ask Him too. And I don't ask.

Why, oh why do I focus so intently on the fragmented puzzle before me, when right beside me stands the Creator of the universe in all His glory willing to take the puzzle and make it more beautiful than anything I could ever imagine, all in His perfect time?

I ask you, "How many times will you pick me up when I keep on letting you down? And each time I will fall short of your glory how far will forgiveness abound?" And you answer, "My child, I love you, and as long as you're seeking my face you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace." -Laura Story, Grace

When I seek His face, and do not concern myself with the fragmented puzzle of my future, He will give me grace sufficient to make it through the next day; grace sufficient to trust Him with each subsequent day. May I look up from my puzzle and be overwhelmed with the peace that rushes in when I behold His glorious face and receive His daily sufficient grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment