Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quotation Tuesday!

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done. -C.S. Lewis

If you know me well at all you will know that aside from Charles Haddon Spurgeon, C.S. Lewis is one of my favorite authors. Why is it that the simplest truths become so profound when they are actually spoken, or written? I should know that relying on God has to begin all over again every day, but I forget so easily. That is one of the reasons I love quotes. I come across them everywhere, and often my reaction is something like, "Oh, duh! Why didn't I think of that?" If quotes did not exist I would probably never remember that relying on God is not a one-time exercise. Each and every day, in every situation I must remember to put all of my trust in the One who holds my every moment, the One who holds my future. I hope this quote, and the others I post, are helpful reminders to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment