Friday, December 18, 2009

Patience.... Is a Virtue

Patience is a virtue, but is it a virtue that I have? If you saw me right now you would probably say I have great patience. I am sitting on my couch with my foot up because I just had surgery yesterday. I had surgery on my big toe to have something foreign (I have no clue what it was) removed. This is the fifth time I have had surgery on my big toes for various reasons. I am on pain medication but the stitches in my toe are still causing my entire right leg to throb. So, am I patient? You would probably say that I am, but I say that I am far from acquiring the virtue of patience.

I may appear to be patient on the outside, but my heart is not patient. If I had my way I wouldn't be in this mess. I would rather be getting ready for dance class this afternoon than sitting on the couch with seven stitches in my toe. Inside I am so impatient. While in surgery I couldn't wait for it to be over, now out of surgery I can't wait for the day I get the stitches out. I have finally realized why I am in this five surgery, two and a half year mess. It is not because I am patient, on the contrary, it is because I need to learn patience. Until I do this may continue to happen. I am trying to be patient, praying that I will learn to be patient, but I don't know if I have really learned my lesson. I guess I will have to wait patiently for a year or so to see if this happens again. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment