Sunday, October 18, 2009

Longings For God

I desire many things. I desire to go to do well in school and speech and debate, I desire to go to college. I desire to somehow use my dance talent for the Lord, and I desire to get married and raise a family. Yet of all that I desire, none of it is important if I do not desire God. I want to desire God, yet sometimes I feel that I do not. I tend to desire God when I want him to fulfill one of my earthly desires. I tend to desire God when I want him to do something for me. I want to desire God all the time. In every moment, before anything else I want to desire God.

I just felt chills wash over me. When I feel chills I know God is near. I want to feel chills all the time. I want to feel a deep love and desire for God all the time. Ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you, seek and you shall find. I am asking, I am knocking, I am seeking! Grant me a desire for you, I know you will not disappoint me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment