Sunday, October 18, 2009

Hope of His Steady Love

Why does it seem that wherever I turn
confusion engulfs me? Oh, how I yearn
for the peace that runs deep, and the faith that is sure.
Unfailing trust, and desires that are pure.

I know that you dwell in the depths of my soul,
and yet often I flounder in the storm and the cold.
The storm of life, and the cold of great doubt.
All the wrestling within me, and the turmoil without.

Where can I hide, where is there safety?
Peace like a river? Is there one? Maybe?
All that I seek seems to have gone extinct,
now all I can see is my soul on a brink.

The brink of despair, the brink of unanswered questions.
"Why am I here? What is your plan?", I question.
I am ready to jump, I am ready to fall,
I have cried and cried, but no one seems to have heard my call.

At the very last second will one appear,
with a steady hand and a voice to quiet my fears?
Will he pull me back from the brink of despair,
put his arm around me and assure me he cares?

I have yet to see the rescuer come near,
but I am waiting to jump hoping he'll come dry my tears.
I hold on to a thread, a glimmer of hope,
that there is a plan for me out there, a very faint hope.

I will not jump until all hope is gone,
and I know he is waiting just beyond the dawn.
The hope remains steady so please keep my heart pure,
there's no need for despair when HIS love is sure.

By Elsie

No comments:

Post a Comment