Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Letter From Grief

Hi, my name is Grief.

Oh, I'm so sorry, am I interrupting? Why, there are tears streaming down your face, dear. This happens every time I introduce myself. I just don't have the art of subtlety, I guess.

Well, I hope you'll accept my apology, and for now you can go ahead and keep crying, but I do need to tell you a few things. I'll be staying with you for a while, so I feel there are a few things you have a right to know about me.

I have difficulty sleeping. I've heard it called insomnia, so if I'm awake at all hours of the night, try not to mind me. But, of course, like everyone, I need sleep to function, so I take naps during the day when I can squeeze them in.

Oh, and I like to come and go when I please; my schedule is rather irregular. And, like I said, I don't have the art of subtlety, so I apologize in advance if I happen to interrupt a conversation, class, or date. I hope your friends and family will understand. I'm sure they will; they seem like very nice people.

I can't really tell you how long I'm staying... I don't really know myself. We can play it by ear, I suppose. Thank you so much for your hospitality. I'll try to give you a few minutes of space so you can stop crying and dry your eyes. See you in a few!

Sincerely,
Grief

P.S. Oh, I forgot. I have some friends who might like to come visit as well from time to time. Their names are Anger, Distraction, and Loneliness, just so you'll recognize them if they drop by unexpectedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment