Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Yes, He is good all the time...

I've written about this before, how God is good all the time and all the time He is good, but I found myself thinking again tonight, after thanking a good God for His abundant, undeserved blessings, do I really believe it?

He overwhelms me with grace gifts, joy and blessings and the things that make your heart beat faster, and it bursts out and bubbles over inside. God is just so good! I say it, whisper it happy, and then, I pause. 

Last year at this time, when my daddy was so close to heaven because his heart couldn't keep going, was my heart bubbling over with God's goodness?

Last spring, when all my certainty in ministry plans and opportunities were dashed, was I have trouble suppressing the bursting joy over His goodness?

Last week, when I laid in bed for four hours, mind racing, and no ability to stop it and sleep, was I whispering happy in the dark about His goodness?

I don't have to tell you that I wasn't. But I wish I had been.

I'm grateful for trials, frustrations, and the refining fire of sanctification. I look forward to the day, though, when I know my Lord so intimately, that my bubbling over because of all His abundant goodness is not contingent on my circumstances. I can't wait until it spills over in rivers of joy even when everything around is chaos and painful confusion, because all I see is Him. 

He is good. All the time.

He sings over me, and His blessings rain down unceasingly whether I recognize and give thanks for them or not. 

All the time. He is good.

And one day His goodness will so saturate me that I will no longer be a thermometer measuring how much of His goodness I can feel around me, but a thermostat, setting the climate of my life to overflowing joy in His never-changing goodness every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment