Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Series: Ritual and Us

Breathing has taken effort this past week. Tears still overflow at unexpected moments, voices catch in throats, and stomachs flip-flop.

But God is good. All the time.

I feel that I've been a bit absent from here, and though I have no idea how many people are really affected when I post less often, I want to change that. More for myself than anyone who may be reading this.

I like consistency. Ritual even. I'm not sure why. And that's what I want to explore.

The place of ritual in the life of the Church - in the life of a Christ-follower.

What should mark our days? What routines should we have? What landmarks to establish hope future because of truth past? What has God commanded, and what has He left to us? How can I practice consistency without becoming comfortable in my routine? How do I balance risk and predictability?

I plan to post about once a week excerpts from my journals and quiet times as I seek the Lord and His Word about these things. Let's look into Scripture, and into the annals of Church history to see how to remember who we are - and to mark ourselves as followers of the Risen Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment