Sunday, July 3, 2011

I Am Dying

I am dying. You are dying. Our mortal bodies are slowly growing weaker. Death may come tomorrow. Death may come in one year, or ten. What will you do with the time you have left? Are you prepared to meet your Maker? Are you prepared to leave your family on good terms? I cannot say that I am, yet I am still dying.

Beginning today, and continuing every day, I want to determine to do something I would do if I knew it was my last day on earth. I will post at least once a week to share what I have done differently that day, but I plan to record each day's difference in my journal. By doing this I hope to challenge my apathetic mindset, the way in which I commonly interact with my family, and the lack-luster way in which I commune with my Lord. It may seem depressing to remind myself each day that I am dying, but I hope to see it change the way I live each of those days.


No comments:

Post a Comment