Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Return of Quotation Tuesday!

Quotation Tuesday is back! After a long absence, due both to my forgetfulness and my busyness, this is my attempt to resume the practice of sharing a quotation with you each Tuesday, along with my thoughts on it. So, without further ado, today's quotation.

"Mission exists because worship doesn't." -John Piper

John Piper is one of my favourite authors, and when I read this statement I was cut to the quick. The reason that Christ has given us a mandate to preach salvation to the nations is because He desires someone from every tribe, and tongue, and nation to sing the praises of the Lamb who was slain. Above all, God desires worship for himself. Indeed, it is what He rightly deserves. His mission must be our mission: to spread the name of Jesus Christ among all peoples so that he can bask in the glory, honour, and praise that He deserves.

I highly recommend John Piper's book, Let the Nations be Glad, which is where I found this quotation. May the Lord bless you, and I hope to be back next week with another quotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment