Monday, November 22, 2010

Will I Ever Get It Right?

I don't know... it seems that every time I turn around I am faced with another one of my flaws, something else that needs to be fixed. Examining oneself in the light of Scripture can be a most depressing exercise. My only hope is that it will mark the beginning of a new measure of God's grace in my life changing me into the image of Christ. Oh, Lord! I will never, ever get it right! But You did! You got it right as you hung from a cross, Your face marred by thorns, Your hands and feet marred by nails, Your heart marred by my sin. You got it right, and that fact alone keeps me from sinking into a pit of despair as I am faced with the wretchedness of myself. I beg You for Your grace, make me more like You. Search me and know me, see if there be any wicked way in me. Even though the pain of those wicked places when they are discovered seems unbearable search them out, purge them, and lead me in the way everlasting. I will never get it right, and so in Your grace alone I stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment