Friday, November 5, 2010

Psalm 62

Psalm 62 is one of my favorite psalms. When I read it the Lord speaks to my heart.

For God alone my soul waits in silence, for I can hear his voice best when all is still.
from Him, and him alone, comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress;
I shall not be greatly shaken, even when nothing goes as I might have planned.

How long will all of you attack a man to batter him, my protection comes from my God.
like a leaning wall, a tottering fence? I cannot be shaken.
They only plan to thrust him down from his high position, but it is the Lord who exalts.
They take pleasure in falsehood, but You are Truth.
They bless with their mouths,
but inwardly they curse, and those who curse your children will be cursed.

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, even while being cursed.
For my hope is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress; I shall not be shaken, men may curse me and kill me, but on You I stand.
On God rests my salvation and my glory, I am nothing without you.
My mighty rock, my refuge is God, he will not fail me.

Trust in Him at all times, O people, because all others will betray your trust.
Pour out your heat before him, for only he will keep your deepest secrets.
God is a refuge for us.
(Verses 1-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment