Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Name

I have a difficult time accepting changes in my life. I was a lot like Peter Pan growing up, I longed for Neverland where I could remain a child forever. I must warn you that changes do not become easier as time goes on; they will always be difficult, but by the grace of our Lord and Saviour these changes can grow us into His image. I am constantly learning new things. As I search God's Word each day He is changing me, whether I like it or not.

In the nearly three months that have passed since I returned from Africa I have been transformed, and it was high time this blog reflected that transformation. On my journey this summer I received a new name, one of the most dramatic changes that could ever take place in a person's life. My identity was changed as the Lord revealed to me His purpose for my life. I am no longer Elsie the Dancer, or Elsie the Writer, or even Elsie the Christian. I have been enlisted, and have now become Elsie the Soldier of Christ. In 2 Timothy 2:1-4 it says:

"You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. Share in suffering as a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No soldier gets entangled in civilian pursuits, since his aim is to please the one who enlisted him."

This is the theme verse of my blog that has now received a new name, Strengthened By His Grace. Only by the grace of my Lord Jesus will I succeed as a Soldier of Christ as I strive to share what I have heard of His salvation with those who never have. Changes are hard, and my childhood dreams of living in Neverland have not quite dissipated, but I am excited about my new name and my new identity as it is Strengthened by His Grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment