Monday, May 3, 2010

Quotation Tuesday

"Humility properly placed is the only sure foundation of leadership." -Theodore Roosevelt

Humility; it seems to be the ever allusive character trait that many desire, and very few can gain. We must remember that we will never gain true, Christ-like humility if we are searching for it within ourselves, or within other finite human beings. It may seem like a no brainer, but we often need to be reminded that only in Christ can we find Christ-like humility; only by His grace making itself evident in our lives will we become humble. May we ever look to Christ, realizing how vital is the acquiring of His image in every facet of our lives. To be like him will give a sure foundation, not only in leadership, but in all other endeavors that we may undertake.

Lord, make us like you. As the song says,

Change my heart, O God,
Make it ever true.
Change my heart, O God,
May I be like you.

You are the Potter,
I am the clay.
Mold me and make me,
This is what I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment