Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Know Him Better

Hey Y'all!

As many of you are probably aware, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Lent is the season leading up to Easter, and the celebration of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. For many people it is a tradition to give something up during the 40 days of Lent, in order to prepare our hearts to celebrate Easter, and to remind us of everything that the Lord has sacrificed for us. I have never participated in Lent before, mainly because my church didn't really celebrate it. My new church does celebrate Lent, and I have felt the Lord calling me to draw closer to Him by giving something up. I will be giving internet up from tomorrow until Easter Sunday, which falls on April 4th this year.

If you could remember in your prayers during this time I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like to encourage you all to pray about giving something up over the next 40 days in order to draw closer to our precious Lord and Saviour.

Have a blessed day, and I'll see you all after Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment