Friday, December 11, 2009

Helpless..... No More!

Helpless.

That is what I am. Absolutely helpless.

Where is rest? Where is hope? Where is love?

They aren't within me, so where can I find them? They aren't in the people around me, or in the material things I possess. It seems I have searched everywhere, and found nothing. I entered the world empty, destitute, helpless. Am I to leave it the same way? If I could only find one glimmer of hope, one ray of light, one person to tell me that all is not lost. But where? I don't even know where to look. I cannot find such a thing, such a person, it must find me, or all will be lost.

I wait. When will He come? I don't know, but I feel that He will, He must. As I wait hope grows, a light grows in the distance, a warmth is born in my soul. So gradually does it happen that soon He is standing beside me and I cannot even remember how or when he came. Still, I have not forgotten my helplessness, I have not forgotten what I was. I will never forget, but I will never be helpless again.

Where is rest? Where is hope? Where is love?

He is within me, around me, and beside me.

For He hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. -Hebrews 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment