Saturday, November 28, 2009

I began reading the Old Testament book of Daniel on Thanksgiving morning, what I found in the second chapter blessed me greatly. The Lord reveals King Nebuchadnezzar's troubling dream to Daniel along with the interpretation of it. When he goes into the throne room to share the interpretation with the King this is the first thing that he says.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Blessed be the name of God forever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding: He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him. I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter. -Daniel 2:20-23

--------------------------------------------------------------------

May we, like Daniel, give glory to God in every situation. Knowing that he directs us, he guides us, and that every good thing we have is from Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment