Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wisdom: Blessing or Curse?

I read a Proverb every day. Today is the 8th of October therefore I read Proverbs chapter 8. I would encourage you to read Proverbs chapter 8, which speaks of the importance of wisdom. The first half of the chapter portrays wisdom crying out for young people to take heed, and to follow his instruction. Once he has gotten their attention he tells them the benefits of wisdom and also where wisdom comes from. Verse 23 says; I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. Verse 30 says; Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him. These verses are implying that wisdom has been around forever, even as long as God. How can that be?

Wisdom is an attribute of God, a facet of God's character. We cannot have God without wisdom, and we cannot have wisdom without God.

When we are told to heed wisdom and to love instruction, we are being told to put on an attribute of God! Who would refuse such a gift? I desire wisdom! May the Lord hear my cry, and grant me his wisdom.

For who finds me (wisdom) finds life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord. But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death. -Proverbs 8:35-36

No comments:

Post a Comment