Monday, October 5, 2009

Quotation Tuesday!

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop." ~Lewis Carroll

When I found this quote I fell in love with it because I live by this rule. Example: Today I began to write a composition for British Literature. I wrote and wrote and thought and thought until I was finished. By then it was one 'o clock and I had not eaten since eight that morning. When I start something I just cannot seem to stop until I am finished!

Now, we must decide whether this is a good thing, or a bad thing. Lewis Carroll seemed to think it was a good thing as he has advised us to finish the things we begin. I suppose it is a good habit to have, leaving things half done is not beneficial to anybody.

When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit. -John 19:30

What would the world be like if Jesus Christ had left his mission unfulfilled? We would still be hopelessly lost in our sins if he had never uttered those words, if he had never finished his task.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the Gospel God's grace. -Acts 20:24

Paul also desired to complete the task before him for the glory of God. The only time this good thing might become sour is when we don't have our priorities straight. If we are bent on completing the task of finding a boyfriend or getting the best grades possible and not on improving our relationship with Christ and our families then completion is not the most important thing. By all means finish what you start, just be sure to finish the right thing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment