Saturday, June 12, 2010

I Have A Dream

I have a dream, that one day those who claim to be Christians would act like Christians as well, including me. That we would not fear ridicule, criticism, or rejection, but would stand firm and unwavering for what is right. That we would live out the meaning of being a "Christian" every day, following in Christ's footsteps, being His disciples and apprentices, being His hands, feet, and voice to the world. I believe that Christ lived every day of His earthly life to the full, working for the glory of His Father. That we might learn from our Saviour's example, throwing of our apathetic lifestyle and giving our absolute all for Christ!

1 Corinthians 10:31 says, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." Do we eat and drink to the glory of God? When we sit down for a meal are we satisfying our earthly appetite or are we replenishing the bodies that Christ has given us so that we might glorify our God in the work He has given us to do? Why are we so afraid of what the world may think of us? Our treasure is in heaven.

Our time here on earth is short, and I for one want to use that time to "lay up treasure in heaven." Philippians 1:20 says, "As it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honoured in my body, whether by life, or by death."

Is Christ honoured by my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment