Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Miracles

In the last year I have witnessed more miracles than I had in the rest of my life put together. Miraculous provision for missions trips, just days before the departure for a foreign country, amazing healing when the doctors had given up hope, and answers to small and seemingly insignificant prayers. Perseverance that could not have been gained without the assistance of God, small blessings sent at exactly the right moment, blessings that came from the most unexpected places. Have the miracles increased in the last year? I think not. Instead I have slowly learned what a miracle is, I have learned to see them. A miracle does not have to be as big as the parting of the Red Sea, or as amazing as a virgin conceiving a child. A miracle is any sign of the hand of God seen here on earth. It can be as big as being miraculously healed from a terrible disease, or it can be as small as the smile someone gives you on a day when you feel discouraged. I'm sure you've heard it said that, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I believe that miracles are also, "in the eye of the beholder." Miracles are all around us, they happen each and every day, you just have to learn to see them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment