Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Perfect Love

I like to think of Jesus Christ as my Perfect Lover. I want him to be all I ever want or need. I want him to be who I desire in the good times and run to in the bad. I want him to be the one that fills my thoughts day and night, I want to daydream of all he has done for me, and then realize it isn't a fantasy, he has truly done so much for me. Then it struck me that, while he is my Perfect Lover the reason for that is because of his Perfect Love. He is Love, He is Perfect Love. Why does one need a lover, even a perfect one, when they possess Perfect Love. He is ours, we are his. Why look to anyone else? After contemplating this I wrote him a love letter. He has given me so much of His precious Word, I wanted to reply. (Yes Sarah, it is a song. A chorus-less song).

Perfect Love, You're all I long for.
Perfect Love, You're all I need.
Perfect Love, restore my trust.
Perfect Love, I bow my knee.

Perfect Love, in me dwell.
Perfect Love, bring me peace.
Perfect Love, my heart is yours.
Perfect Love, I dwell in thee.

Perfect Love, when all seems lost.
Perfect Love, when no one loves.
Perfect Love, when I can't see.
Perfect Love, with clouds above.

Perfect Love, who gave His life.
Perfect Love, upon a tree.
Perfect Love, for me You died.
Perfect Love, who still loves me.

Perfect Love, it's you I love.
Perfect Love, it's only you.
Perfect Love, please satisfy.
Perfect Love, in all I do.

Perfect Love, fill me up.
Perfect Love, overflow my heart.
Perfect Love, burst within.
Perfect Love, never part.

Perfect Love, walk by my side.
Perfect Love, shelter me.
Perfect Love, Your hand restores.
Perfect Love, in You is peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment