Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I am Thankful For...

Today I am thankful for a young lady named Sarah. She is ten years old and is the sweetest person you will ever meet. She also has Downs Syndrome. This means that she is mentally challenged, forgets things easily, and has slower coordination than other kids. She also looks a bit different, she is very short, a bit chubby, and has beautiful almond shaped eyes. Sarah is one of my best friends, I have known her since she was three years old and I can talk to her about almost anything. Even when she doesn't understand me she pretends that she does. Her favorite things are pickles and spaghetti, though not usually together. Please don't be intimidated by those who are different from you. If you took the time to get to know them you would find that you have a lot in common. They might even make a pretty good friend.

Sarah has her own special way of saying 'I love you.' She says, "Will you marry me?" She has said this to me many times and usually my reply is, "I love you too, Sarah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment