Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Am Thankful For...

Hey Y'all!

Over at the Rebelution I recently had the great pleasure of editing a great thread and getting it ready to go live. It is encouraging the users to daily post something they are thankful for, not something large and vague, but something small and thought out. Life is made up of the little things, the things we take for granted. I am going to attempt to post daily up until Thanksgiving, and also transfer my posts here so I can share them with all of you. If you happen to be a forum member please head over and check out the thread and participate. (It is a sticky in the Living Room). Here is what I am thankful for today.

I am thankful for my growling stomach. What a great reminder of everything I have been blessed with! More than half of the world's population will go hungry today, they will have to listen to annoying growling for hours! What can you do to help? Serve at a soup kitchen? (A humbling experience that I highly recommend). Give a prepared lunch to a homeless individual? (Whenever I do the smile on their face always makes my day). Or just listening to the growling of your own stomach for a day, instead of running to the fridge at the first sound of hunger? Something to think about. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment