Monday, June 22, 2009

Ultimate Rebelutionaries

I am currently studying the Book of Acts during my quiet time, and I am really enjoying it. The apostles were true rebelutionaries, they did the ultimate hard thing. They spent their lives telling people about Christ in the face of persecution. Because of their dedication to Christ and their unfailing belief in His salvation Christianity is what it is today. Without their unhesitating obedience to the Great Commission the world would never have learnt of Jesus Christ's death and resurrection. They were all killed for their faith with the exception of John, who was exiled to Patmos. For them, living and dying for Jesus Christ was the ultimate purpose for their lives, the fulfillment of their calling. I know it was worth it for all of them when they once again saw the face of Jesus Christ, their Teacher, Savior, and Friend, and heard His voice saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant." May it be so for us, may we do the ultimate hard thing and rejoice in saying with the Apostle Paul; According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or by death, For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. (Phil. 1:20-21)

No comments:

Post a Comment