Saturday, April 18, 2009

Is He Your Prince of Peace?

Lately I have noticed an enormous peace wash over me, a peace that surpasses all understanding. I have been wondering why I feel the peace now when I did not before? What am I doing differently? I know that peace comes from God, but I have been a Christian for many years and I have never known a peace like this before.

Jesus Christ has many names, Prince of Peace is only one of many. Another one of His names is King of Kings (1 Tim. 6:15). I realized that for Jesus Christ to be my Prince of Peace he first had to become my King of Kings. We have to surrender our whole lives to the Lord. We must allow him to guide and direct us, and we must not worry about tomorrow. Then all of a sudden, without even realizing it, we find ourselves enveloped in peace. It does not seem foreign to us, it feels perfect. Peace is so sweet, surrender your life to the Lord, and find your peace in Him.

For those of you who have not read it, I highly recommend the book "Do Hard Things" by Alex and Brett Harris. From the title it does not sound like a sure way to find peace, but it truly encourages you to put your life in the hands of the Lord. This book helped me to do that, and ever since I read it peace has not ceased to wash over me. God has a plan for my life and I can trust him completely!

Peace In Christ,
Elsie

No comments:

Post a Comment